Pagina nueva 1
Cooking your own Food
What tools should I use to make my own babe food?
The tools I can use are: a blender or a stick mixer, a pressure cooker, food processor and a potato masher and a bunch of 250ml or 500 ml glass jars according to what the baby eats.
The Babie Food
- -Remember to wash your hands and work area with hot, soapy water before cooking.
- -The consistency of the purees is key. A medium -thin, creamy consistency worked the best.
-Use organic ingredients as far as available e.g. carrots, beans, peas, beets, broccoli, chicken, etc.They are much healthier.
-Do not add salt or sugar , The purees taste pretty good without them.
-Place the purees in jars. Don´t overfill the jar. Place them in the fridge for 2 days or in freezer for 2 months or in a deep freezer for 4 months.
- -Do not add spices.
- -Meats need the longest time to blend.
- -Legumes ( peas, beans, lentils ) can be cooked according to package directions.
- -In the first weeks of weaning make sure carrots are cooked for quite a long time so that they are soft enough to puree to a smooth consistency.
- -This method of cooking also works with any of the other root vegetables eg. potatoes, sweet potatoes and swede.
- -Cooking times will differ according to the vegetable you choose.